Looking for the top online BCom universities in West Bengal? This article aims to give you an essential piece of information about the colleges that are the best in West Bengal. Also, you can complete an online BCom degree from a worthwhile college.
BCom is the most prominent degree program for commerce students. This course imparts students with extensive knowledge of the banking and finance industry. So, selecting the right college is crucial if you want to have a broad understanding of the course.
Table of Contents
Top online BCom universities in West Bengal–
The University of Calcutta
The University of Calcutta (Calcutta University) is in Kolkata, West Bengal. And It came into existence in 1857. The Center for online and distance education set in 1981 to offer equality in higher education.
Furthermore, for its excellent performance in offering premium quality online education, this university has received many awards and recognition. As a result, this university belongs to the prominent online BCom universities in West Bengal.
The major highlights of Calcutta University
- Firstly, Calcutta University got the ‘Five Star University’ title from the UGC.
- Also, It has got the 11th rank for overall ranking by NIRF 2021.
- NAAC gives accreditation to this university with a laudable A grade rating.
- It is a public university that got approval from the UGC, DEB, and AICTE.
- QS 2021 has ranked this university 1001st overall in the world university ranking.
- The top recruiters of this university are Capgemini, Cognizant, Genpact, Deloitte, Amazon, IBM, Accenture, and many others.
- Lastly, Swami Vivekanand, Satyendra Nath Bose, Bankim Chandra Chatterjee, Manna Dey, Sourav Ganguly, and many others are notable alumni of this university.
NETAJI SUBHASH OPEN UNIVERSITY (NSOU), (STATE OPEN UNIVERSITY)
Netaji Subhash Open University is in Kolkata, West Bengal. It is a state university and was set in 1997. This university is among the best online BCom universities in West Bengal.
Also, this university offers merit-based admission to students. So, if you are planning to opt for an online BCom course, you can apply to this university online. Moreover, NSOU got many awards and recognitions for its brilliant service in offering higher education to the students.
The major highlights of NSOU-
- The NSOU Directorate of online Education is the second-best university in Kolkata.
- The university has got approval from the UGC, DEC, and AIU.
- It offers a Swayam scheme to the students in which they can choose their subjects.
- This university has got the “Excellence in Online Education Award” from CoL (Commonwealth of Learning).
- The university has 120 regional centres across West Bengal.
Besides the online BCom universities in West Bengal, you can consider various other institutes to complete your BCom degree.
Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS)
The head office of NMIMS University is in Mumbai, Maharashtra. Narsee Monjee University was set in 1981. Plus, NMIMS Global Access School for Continuing Education (NGASCE) came into existence in the faith of offering world-class online education.
Moreover, it is a private university. However, it has successfully made a name among the top Indian institutes. Besides that, many awards and recognitions are also entitled to its name.
Major highlights of NGASCE
- Firstly, this university got accreditation with an outstanding A+ grade rating from the NAAC.
- It has got recognition from the UGC and is entitled to be a “Deemed-to-be University”.
- NMIMS has 7 campuses and 17 specialized schools across the country.
- This university is popular for providing high salary packages to students.
- Some of the top recruiters of this university are Aditya Birla Groups, Capgemini, Adidas, CRISIL, Cognizant, and a plethora of others.
- Shreya Shanker, Nitin Rakesh, Dhvani Desai, Kunal Shah, Shilpa Singh, and others are notable alumni.
Chandigarh University (CU)
Chandigarh University is in Mohali, Punjab. The university was set in 2012. Also, the Chandigarh University Institute of online and Open Learning (CUIDOL) is one of the most elite institutes in the country.
Major highlights of CU-
- First, CU has been given an incredible A+ grade rating from the NAAC.
- And the NIRF 2021 gives this university 77th rank in the overall ranking.
- It has been among the top 5% of universities in India.
- Also, UGC and DEB give approval to this university to deliver online and online degree courses.
- According to, the World QS ranking, IGauge has given this university a “Diamond” rating.
- Students from this university get lucrative jobs and are placed in top firms.
- The university also offers scholarships to its students.
Online Jain University
Online Jain University is another ideal option to gain online or online BCom degree courses. This is situated in Bangalore and was founded in 1990. In addition, this university was initially known as Sri Bhagawan Mahaveer Jain College.
Furthermore, the university is famous for offering top-notch online/online courses with the help of advanced and high-tech aids.
Major highlights of Jain University-
- The NAAC has given an impressive A+ grade to this university.
- The university holds the status of a “Deemed-to-be University” and has got the approval of the UGC and DEB.
- NIRF 2021 gives 151st position for the overall ranking and 85th in the university ranking.
- The university has an incredible placement record and provides high-paying jobs to its students.
- TCS, Wipro, Infosys, Cognizant, Amazon, Bajaj Electricals, and plenty of other well-known companies hire students from this university.
Can we get jobs after BCom?
After attaining a BCom degree, you can work on the various job profiles, such as-
- Senior Accountant
- Stock Broker
- Account Executive
- Operation Manager
- Finance Manager
- Finance Analyst, and others.
Additionally, students who aspire to study further can enrol in MCom degree courses. Plus, they can also take part in various types of government exams too.
Which BCom course is best?
Students can choose a specific specialization to attain a deep understanding of a specific field. So, some of the popular BCom specializations are-
- Financial Market
- Accounts and Finance
- Human Resource
- Investment Management
- Banking and Insurance, etc.
Above you read about the online BCom universities in West Bengal and some other reputable institutes in the country. So, now it is up to your choice to choose a university that seems perfect to you. You can also consider various other universities too.