The information technology industry is growing at a tremendous speed in India. Also, the industry is developing with a 15.5% growth rate in 2023 in the country. Thus, the IT sector is going to be the leading sector in the coming years. So, making a career in this field can offer promising career opportunities for young students. Hence, students who want to make a career in the IT industry can enroll in a BCA degree program. Also, online education has become very popular, so students can also choose to opt for online BCA degree courses in India too.
Thus, in the following content, you are going to get essential information about the online BCA degree. Additionally, you will read about why you can choose to opt for online BCA degree courses in India.
Table of Contents
About Online BCA Degree Course
BCA or Bachelor of Computer Application is a three-year undergraduate degree in computer application. This program is designed to impart students’ expertise in the IT industry. So, some of the main subjects in the BCA curriculum are database management systems, digital computer programming, cloud computing, discrete mathematics, computer networks, and others.
In an online BCA course, students can complete their degrees from home. Furthermore, in online BCA, students can attend online classes through video conferencing. Also, students are provided with a variety of study resources such as e-books, pdfs, audiobooks, recorded videos of lectures, etc.
Eligibility Criteria to Pursue an Online BCA Degree Program
The basic eligibility parameters for opting for an online BCA degree program in India are–
- Students have to complete their 10+2 from any board that is recognized by either the state or the central government.
- Also, there can be criteria for minimum marks obtained in 12th grade (depending on the college).
Besides, there can be additional eligibility criteria that vary from college to college.
Why Pursue a BCA Degree Course in Online Mode?
There are a lot of benefits to enrolling in an online BCA degree program over a regular one. Thus, some of the features of an online BCA degree are
- Less Expensive
Pursuing an online BCA is less expensive in comparison to a regular degree. Also, when you enroll in an online BCA program, it saves you from spending money on hostel rent, transportation, eating out, and other necessities as you can complete an online course from your home.
- The flexibility of the course
For students and working professionals who are unable to pursue a traditional degree, earning an online BCA degree is a convenient option. Also, flexible courses allow you to complete the course at your own pace. Furthermore, students get to gain a deep and broad understanding of the course.
- The credibility of an online BCA degree
An online BCA degree holds the same value as a regular degree. It is also approved by the UGC. So, students with an online BCA degree can apply for jobs in the private field as well as the government field.
Top Online College to Pursue BCA Degree Program in India
There are many UGC accredited distance education universities that offer top-notch BCA degree programs in online mode. So, some of the distance learning institutes are-
- Chandigarh University (CU)
- Online Manipal University
- Swami Vivekanand Subharti University
- Online Jain University
- Lovely Professional University
- Symbiosis International University
- Jamia Hamdard University
- Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), and others.
Apart from that, there are plenty of other distance education universities that offer online BCA degree courses. Also, there are many online platforms too for pursuing BCA courses. So, students can consider any online institution to complete their BCA degree online.
Employment Opportunities After Completing the BCA Degree Course
BCA degree holders get numerous job opportunities such as-
- Web Developer
- Computer Network Architect
- Web Designer
- Software Engineer
- Database Manager
- Web Analyst
- Software Tester
- Database Manager
- Data Operator
- Web Administrator, and others.
Additionally, the top recruiters of BCA degree graduates are-
- Google, etc.
Advantages of Pursuing BCA Degree Courses
- The IT sector is one of the dominating sectors, so there are huge opportunities for BCA degree holders.
- BCA degree enables students to apply for prominent job profiles that offer a handsome salary.
- BCA degree graduates get to work in exciting and challenging jobs. There is also a huge chance of growth in the IT sector.
- Students get to learn various programming languages such as Linux, Python, the C language, C++, Java, etc. Additionally, they get equipped with various technical skills.
- BCA degree holders can also opt for MCA degree courses to study further. In addition, they can also opt for a doctorate program too.
Students that are interested in technology and programming languages can opt for the online BCA program. Also, this course enables students to get jobs in the IT sector, which is one of the fastest-growing industries. So, students can choose to pursue an online BCA degree in India at any institute that is approved by UGC to have a promising career in the IT sector.