You are planning to opt for an online BA degree in India but do not have much information about the benefits of getting this degree. For example, you must be wondering, “Do I get a job with my online degree?” or will I be able to apply for additional studies? Well, this article aims to give the answers to many vital questions regarding the online BA course.
When it comes to attaining higher education, a large portion of students from every stream chooses an online BA degree. Plus, after the incorporation of the online education system, many students opt for the online BA degree in India.
Furthermore, in the below content, you are going to learn about the career opportunities, benefits, best BA colleges, and other information about online BA degrees in India.
Table of Contents
About online BA degree-
BA (Bachelor of Arts) is a three-year undergraduate program in the Arts stream. Also, the BA degree provides students with introductory knowledge of liberal arts subjects such as Hindi, English, history, psychology, sociology, and others.
Plus, pursuing an online BA degree in India enables students to gain a proper understanding of the subjects they opt for. In the online BA program, you get in touch with your teachers by joining virtual online classes and online portals. Additionally, the colleges also provide a variety of study resources, viz., e-books, pdfs, audiobooks, and videos of recorded lectures.
Eligibility criteria to enroll in an online BA course-
Students have to be 12th passed in any discipline. Plus, they must have completed their schooling for a board that got recognition from the state government or central. Usually, students who have completed their 12th grade with a minimum percentile of 50% can opt for the online BA course. Besides that, in some colleges, there is a relaxation of 5% in marks for students who belong to the reserved category (SC/ST).
Furthermore, there can be some additional requirements that vary from college to college. So, it would be to check the eligibility criteria of a specific college before applying for admission.
What Job will I get after my BA?
Below are some of the job profiles you can work on after procuring an online BA degree-
- A Journalist
- Executive Associates
- Foreign Language Expert, etc.
What type of courses can we do after BA?
Once you attain your online BA degree, you will have a plethora of options for studying further. Some of the options for further career opportunities after BA are-
- First, of all, you can enroll in an MA degree program to gain advanced and more in-depth expertise in any specific art subject.
- If you want to do preparation for government jobs, you can participate in various types of government exams such as railway, bank, defense, civil services, teaching, etc.
- You can opt for various master’s courses such as MBA, MJMC, B.Ed, MFA, LLB, and others.
- Last but not least, you can complete many diploma or certification programmes such as creative writing, graphic designing, foreign languages, and many more.
Which college is best for doing a BA in India?
Students can apply for admission at various elite institutes in the country. So, some of the online colleges you can consider worthwhile for getting an online BA degree are-
- Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)
- Delhi University, School of Open Learning (DU-SOL)
- Lovely Professional University (LPU)
- Suresh Gyan, Bihar University (SGVU)
- Sikkim Professional University,
- Chandigarh University
- Amity University
- Swami Vivekanand Subharti University (SVSU)
- Online at Jain University
- Shri Venkateswara University, etc.
Is an online BA degree valid in India?
Of course, an online BA degree is worth the same as a regular degree. The UGC has given approval to colleges to offer BA degrees in an online mode. So, if you complete an online BA degree from any institute that got approval from UGC, you can apply for jobs in the public and private sectors. Additionally, the same is true for your further studies.
Moreover, in India, there are 35 UGC universities that have approval and that offer full-fledge online BA degree programs. So, you can explore and choose any suitable institute to pursue an online BA degree in India.
Why should I choose the online mode to complete a BA degree?
Well, to be reasonable, you can get many benefits if you complete your BA degree in online mode rather than on a regular basis. Hence, below are some of the points which clarify why you should choose an online BA degree-
- Firstly, online BA courses are more affordable than traditional courses.
- Online BA courses allow you to focus on other areas of your life without sacrificing the quality of your education.
- This course is best for students, working professionals, housewives, etc. who cannot go to college regularly.
- Pursuing an online BA course saves you from other expenses apart from your college fee.
Most government jobs require a graduation degree to participate in exams. Also, the curriculum of the BA is beneficial for students who aspire to work as teachers and in civil service. So, students who want to prepare for various government exams can complete their online BA degree. In addition, if you pursue an online BA degree, you do not have to give all your focus and time to your graduation. As a result, it would be helpful for you in preparing for competitive exams. Therefore, you can select any suitable university as per your preference and apply to enroll in an online BA degree in India.