As technology and the internet emerged, it gave a huge Scope for digital marketing as many new career options to people. Digital marketing or online marketing is promoting a brand or product on various electronic devices, such as phones, computers, tablets, and other electronic devices that have the internet.
Digital marketing refers to marketing via social media ads, video advertisements, and others. As of today, almost everyone is involved in some sort of social media platform. Therefore, digital marketing has huge potential for people looking for a career option in this field.
Therefore, candidates can pursue various types of digital marketing programs for their bachelor’s and master’s degrees. Besides that, students can also complete degrees and diplomas in digital marketing.
Table of Contents
What are the courses in digital marketing?
Some of the courses in digital marketing are as follows-
Students can enroll in a Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) in digital marketing to complete their undergraduate degree. Also, students can opt for a Master of Business Administration or an MBA with digital marketing to complete a postgraduate degree.
Apart from that, students can also pursue plenty of certificates and diplomas in digital marketing. Therefore, some of the diploma courses are mentioned below-
- Program in Digital Marketing
- Certificate in Fashion Digital Marketing
- Certificate in Advanced Digital Marketing
- Digital and Social Media Marketing Executive Programs
- Certificate in Digital Marketing and Media Management and others.
Besides that, students can also pursue doctorate programs in digital marketing to enhance their knowledge in this field and increase the credibility of their resumes.
Eligibility criteria to get a digital marketing course-
The eligibility criteria for pursuing a digital marketing program varies as per the course they opt for. Therefore, below are listed the eligibility parameters for digital marketing courses-
- To pursue an undergraduate degree course such as BBA in digital marketing, students have to complete their 10+2 from any government recognized board in the country.
- To pursue digital marketing MBA degree post graduation, students must have procured their bachelor’s degree in digital marketing from any college or institute that is approved by UGC.
- Also, students from all streams(Science, Arts, and commerce) are eligible to take courses in digital marketing.
- Additionally, students have to complete their 12th grade to opt for a diploma or degree courses. However, for UG and PG level diplomas or certificates, students have to attain their graduation degrees.
Apart from that, eligibility measures are usually different in every college. Therefore, it would be best if you check the eligibility criteria of the colleges where you want to enroll in a digital marketing course.
What is the syllabus for the digital marketing courses?
The syllabus for digital marketing depends on the course students opt for. However, there are some core subjects that are common in digital marketing courses-
- Digital Marketing Course Curriculum
- Planning and Creating a Website
- Search Engine Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Web Analytics
- E-Commerce Management
- Planning and Creating a Website
- Email Marketing
- Search Engine Optimisation
- Content Strategy, and others
In digital marketing courses, students get insight into the field of marketing and advance their understanding of online marketing. Also, digital marketing courses impart the skill sets that make students professionals in the field of digital marketing.
Why should I build a career in digital marketing?
- The first and foremost reason to enroll in a digital marketing course is that there are a large number of high-income career options in this field.
- Most people think it is hard to make a career in digital marketing. However, this is not true. People can achieve immense success in this field in less time if they put in significant effort.
- Another big advantage of this field is that you can work from home. Also, you do not have to work under any other individual.
Can I pursue digital marketing courses online?
Yes, students can enroll in online digital marketing courses and accumulate a degree and a diploma in digital marketing. To pursue digital marketing courses online, students can apply at any UGC-DEB approved institute or college and complete their degree in online mode.
Moreover, there are some online platforms that provide digital marketing courses for free. So, candidates can complete some digital marketing online are as follows-
- Become an Online Marketing Manager
- Inbound Marketing Certification
- Digital Media & Marketing Strategies
- Fundamentals of Digital Marketing
- Free Digital Marketing Basics Course
- Digital Strategy & Action, etc.
What are the job opportunities in digital marketing?
There are plenty of jobs for freshers in digital marketing once they attain a degree or diploma in digital marketing. Hence, below are some of the job profiles candidates can apply for in the field of digital marketing-
- Content Marketing Manager
- Digital Marketing Manager
- Social Media Manager
- SEO Manager
- Conversion Optimization
- Digital Analytics
- Email Marketing
- SEO Foundation
- Marketing Automation, amongst others.
If students want to make a career in the field of digital marketing, they can opt for a degree/diploma, or certificate program in digital marketing. Students can pursue a course in digital marketing in a traditional or distance mode. Additionally, there are a large number of jobs for freshers in digital marketing.
The field of digital marketing is vast. Therefore, the scope for digital marketing degree holders is huge. Hence, to have a promising career in this field, candidates can opt for a digital marketing MBA degree in their postgraduate program.
Therefore, candidates can apply online or offline at any college to pursue a digital marketing course. Students can also enroll in any online digital marketing program at any UGC-DEB approved institute or college.