Table of Contents
What Is Distance M.Com?
M.Com (Master of Commerce) is a post-graduation degree program and In this article, we are going to tell you the best colleges for M.Com. The duration of this course is two years. So this course is best for students who want to pursue their career in banking, accounting, investment, and the financial sector.
Therefore, the students who do not want to join a regular college and attend class daily can pursue distance M.Com. So there are many best colleges for M.com. From where students can complete their post-graduation in M.Com with distance mode.
Additionally, students can pursue one sitting degree if they want to complete their post-graduation in one year. However, a one sitting degree is also known as a single sitting degree. So in a single sitting degree students can take all the exams at the end of the year. Also, a single sitting degree in M.Com is a degree course in 1 year.
What are the Eligibility Criteria for M.Com?
Below are given some basic criteria for Pursuing Distance M.Com:
- Students can apply for M.Com after completing B.Com or any other undergraduate degree. Also, they have to obtain at least 50% in their undergraduate degree.
- Students who have done their under graduation in Economics and Statics, BBS (Bachelor of Business Studies), And BBE(Bachelor in Business Economics) can apply for distance M.Com. in some specific universities.
- Government universities give 5% relaxation to the students that belong to the reserved category.
- A candidate of any age can apply for the distance M.Com. course.
How to apply for Admission to Pursue a Distance M.Com Course?
Admission for distance Master of Commerce happens based on merit or entrance exam. So BHU PET, PU CET, and AUCET, etcetera are the top exams for M.Com. Hence students can apply to UGC-approved colleges to pursue distance M.Com. Also, students can apply for admission online as well as offline.
Syllabus of Distance M.Com Course
Below are listed subjects of M.Com. Degree course:
- Accounting and Managerial Decisions
- Computer Applications in Business
- Corporate Legal Environment
- Financial Management
- Managerial Economics
- Statistical Analysis
- Business Environment
- Corporate Financial Accounting
- Corporate Tax Planning
- Economics of Global Trade and Finance
- Management Concepts and Organization Behavior
- Marketing Behavior
- Strategic Management
Additionally, there are some elective subjects in a distance M.Com course. So students can choose these subjects in a later semester. Hence the subjects in M.com are mentioned below:
- Banking and Finance
- Commercial Bank Management
- Financial Markets
- International Finance
- Research Methodology in Commerce
- Entrepreneurial Management
- Financial Bank Management
- Human Resource Management
- Investment Management
- Income Tax
What are the top colleges to Pursue the Distance M.Com course?
Many UGC-approved colleges/institutes offer distance degree courses. So there are mentioned best colleges to pursue distance M.Com in the list below:
- IGNOU(Indira Gandhi National Open University)
- Sri Venkateshwara (SVU)
- Chandigarh (CU)
- Subharti (SVSU)
- D.Y. Patil Vidyapeeth
- SGVU (Suresh Gyan Vihar University)
- The University of Kerala, Thiruvantha Puram (State University).
Moreover, there are many other UGC-DEB approved universities where students can pursue their distance M.Com. Course.
Is Distance M.Com with One Sitting Degree valid?
Yes, a distance M.Com with one sitting degree is approved by UGC. Also, you can use your M.Com degree one year course for further studies. Additionally, this M.Com one-year degree will help candidates to get a job. So, candidates who are working on a job or have less time can pursue distance M.Com. with a single sitting degree.
Additionally, there are a lot of best colleges for M.com. That offers one sitting degree to students.
What are the Advantages of the Distance M.Com Course?
There are many advantages of this course to the students of commerce stream. Additionally, a distance M.Com course is also beneficial to students who want to pursue their careers in the banking and finance sectors. Also, there are many other benefits of distance M.Com course. Hence, below are listed some advantages of the distance M.Com. course:
- This course offers many job opportunities to the students after completing their course.
- After completing distance M.Com, students can study further. Also, they can participate in many government exams.
- Distance M.Com gives flexibility to students to study at their own pace.
- The distance M.Com students do not have to attend a regular class.
- After completing their M.Com course, students can get a teaching job in a school or college.
- The distance M.Com students study subjects such as Organization Theory and Behavior, Economic Analysis, Managerial Accounting, Marketing Management, etc.
- Distance M.Com students also can join online classes through video conferencing, etc.
- The distance M.Com Students get in-depth knowledge of the banking and financial sectors.
M.Com (Master of Commerce) is a post-graduation course. And the duration of this course is two years. So those students who do not want to attend college regularly or are working on a job can pursue a distance M.Com course. Therefore they do not have to attend classes regularly. Also, students can study at their time flexibility and pace.
Additionally, a candidate can apply for a distance M.Com after completing their B.Com(Bachelor of Commerce) or any equivalent undergraduate course. Also, students have to obtain at least 50% marks for any mode of regular graduation or one-year graduation with Distance mode. Additionally, the fees of distance M.Com course Is different for every college.
Moreover, there are many job opportunities such as Sales Officer, Accounts Manager, Finance Manager, Company Law Assistant, Cost Accountant, Financial Advisor, Financial Consultant, Tax Consultant, and other jobs.
Therefore, students can apply to the best colleges for M.com and complete their distance M.Com course.